DIY V-neck Tiered Dress

Image
Hello, I made three dresses to wear on my trip to Bangkok during the Easter holiday and this dress is the first one I made. I will share another two in the next posts.  I started working on this dress two weeks before the trip and I'm glad I managed to finish it on time, as well as my other dresses.  This dress was fun and relaxing to sew because I made one before in a midi length, so this time I shortened the length until my knee and sewed it easily. For the fabric, I used a printed rayon from my stash and white cotton lining leftover from my previous make. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. At first, I didn't want to add the lining but I had to because the fabric was a bit transparent, the lining fabric wasn't enough and I connected the pieces to make the back skirt. Here is the look of the fabric after cutting and the skirt was pieces of a rectangle: the first tiers - front and back, the last tier on the fold ( I forgot to take the p

Candy Tote Bag

I named this tote bag "CANDY" because she looks colourful and sweet:)
I made several bag with several colours, I think I am crazy enough to made 4 tote bags in one week. I was busy and always be, taking care my sweet little baby. I only have time to sewing when my baby napping in the afternoon.
I showed my first candy bag to my husband when he arrived home after work, and he was surprised that I could finish one bag during two hours. Woah...! Even myself was surprised!

Here I made four candy bags already but I am going to make one more. I will give all of them for my cousins in Indonesia as holiday gift. I am sure they will love it:)



The size of the bag approximately 24 cm height, 35 cm weight and 8 cm deep.
Material needed:
- Home decor fabric
- Cotton as interfacing
- Bias tape, I used bias tape from japanesse cotton.
- 56 cm ykk zipper
- Heavy duty interfacing for bottom bag



The four candy bags are really cute, isn't it? I imagine that they are real candy that I could eat it all:)
I think I am really starving for candy right now.








Well, I only posting the pictures of my project for now. I will post the pattern and tutorial another time.
I also shared this project on --candy tote bag-- on www.Burdastyle.com

Note:
- If you want to make bias tape by yourself, you can read my tutorial on: BIAS TAPE TUTORIAL.

Comments