Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

Madura Batik Dress


This dress made from madura batik, one of the traditional batik from East Java - Indonesia. I bought last month from one of the store in Tunjungan Plaza - Surabaya. The colour such adorable red colour and the fabric pattern is really cute. I bought two pieces of madura batik, but this one was choosen by my husband. Again and again, he knew how to choose a great colour:-) 


Basic fabric of batik is cotton, that's why I am not finding any problem during stitching this dress. The pattern from selfdrafting pattern by myself. I made muslin from very cheap cotton before I make the dress.
The style of the dress is pretty simple but really cute. 3/4 sleeve is good for spring season. With some pleated in the front skirt and some pleated in the right shoulder.

This is the drawing of my batik dress:



Material needed for this dress:
- madura batik, the fabric already come in pieces for more less 2 1/4 m
- lighweight interfacing
- same colour thread
- invisible zipper

The process of making this dress is quite fast, here how my project begin. The picture below is the back side of my dress. I do not show my muslin here, because the muslin look awful with the cut and fitting here and there.


This is how my front dress turning out. We can not see very clear the front pleated because of the batik. But if you see carefully, there is three pleated under shoulder area.


Here the back side of my dress, I can feel that the fitting is really great.


Now, the final part of my dress. Finally I knew how to add back vent to my skirt. I follow the technique from one of the burdastyle member. Visit http://www.burdastyle.com/techniques/adding-a-back-vent-to-the-jenny-skirt-pattern for more detail if any of you want to know how to make back vent skirt.

To be honest, this is one of my best fitting dress so far that I made. More than that, finally I wear this dress for the first time on my husband company party.




I also share this project on http://www.burdastyle.com/projects/madura-batik-dress














Comments