Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

MAGAM February : Striped Top

Hello..
Here is my finished top for MAGAM February. Based on Moda Diana no. 75 -3P size 34/36 with adjustment. You can see the detail of my work on the pattern grading and adjustment on my previous post.
This top is my second version of pattern no. 75 - 3P and I already cut another fabric for the third version. I love this pattern and this is one of my favorite top and I am planning to make more in the future, summer will be arriving soon and I need some short sleeve tops :)

The sewing process of this top is quite fun. Firstly I need to removed the shoulder darts (remember that my first version was too big at the shoulder and I have to add darts to make it right). Then I transfer all the pattern pieces on new sheet of papers. After that I cut fabric plus matching the striped, pin and sew the top.

The two tricky parts to sew this top was matching the striped and sew the neckline. My work on matching the striped was not so good but I really don't want to remove and sew it again.
And for the finishing neckline, I fold the seam allowance 1 cm at the neckline inside and stitch it using twin needle. I think the result is fine and the neckline laid nicely.

Here are the pictures of the finished top, front - side and back views,



I am enjoying flat sketches right now and the picture below is one of them that I made especially for this top.

And here is the closer look of the neckline that I stitched with twin needle. Beside that, I also top stitched the armhole with twin needle.

The last picture is the finishing sleeves hem and hem line, they were stitched with twin needle too with 1.5 seam allowances.
 
Almost forget to mention about the fabric, I used 2 yards of knit cotton in white and navy blue striped.
That's it for my today post, have a great weekend and happy sewing!

Comments

  1. Hana, I love your new top.. Looks fantastic..
    love those patterns, that you like well enough to keep making..
    Have a great weekend and happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judy. I am so glad found this basic pattern and can not wait to try another version :)

      Delete
  2. I can see why you make more of these Hana. We can never have enough basics and I love the stripes! This pattern can see you through various seasons. :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally realized that I have more frosting than the cake in my wardrobe. I just hope that I will be strong enough to hold my promise to sew more basics than fancy garments :)

      Delete
    2. I am hoping for this too! But the frosting is just soooo tempting isn't it?! :) x

      Delete
  3. Your top is really pretty. This is my favorite shirt. It fits nicely under my blazers. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dorothy. Blazer is a good combination for this top. I am thinking about that too :)

      Delete
  4. It is hard to match stripes on knit fabric - the fabric keeps moving while it is being stitched. Looking at the sides, the stripes match well enough. It's a lovely top, looks great with the narrower shoulders. I love the boatneck as well - always looks good with stripes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent the time pinning and matching them but the stripes don't want to match perfectly :( In the end I just leave it and I think the imperfection only in my eyes, other people will not see it :)
      I agree, boat neck will always looks good with stripes.
      Thank you :)

      Delete
  5. I like the sketch! I've been trying to do that too although my artistic skills are a bit lacking :) Nice top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Sketch is great exercise in between sewing isn't it ? and it makes our imagination run free :)

      Delete
  6. Lovely top, Hana. The stripes are great. I do little flat sketches of some of my sewing too. I usually glue a little swatch of fabric to the page as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Kathy.. I'd love to see your sketches one day :) Thank you and I love your striped top too :)

      Delete
  7. Wonderful top Hannah-and super cute on you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. Can not wait to see your next garment :)

      Delete
  8. Wowza -- you have gift at matching stripes! Very lovely and it looks like it will get a lot of stylish wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind, Annie :) Those stripes was driving me crazy. Thank you :)

      Delete
  9. You did a fine job of matching those stripes! Cute top! I like to sketch outfits too and staple a little swatch of fabric to it. Somehow it makes it easier to plan for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa. Sketch is fun and I agree that it is a good way to plan our next project and stick on it :)

      Delete

Post a Comment