Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

V-neck Top With Tuck

Happy New Year 2016 to you all!

Today, I'd love to share my finished first project for MAGAM January with theme "Jump Into January". You can see my plans here in my facebook page. As usual the pattern is from BurdaStyle and the fabric is from my stash. I like how the top turned out, it is a girlish V-neck top with tuck which is perfect for casual wear in both day and night :)

Materials:
2 yards of knit jersey in marsala and same colour of thread.

Pattern:
BurdaStyle V-neck Top With Tuck 08/2014 size 36 with following adjustment on the neckline, I raised 5 cm and changed the high low hem to the normal hem. For the neckband strip, I used 59 cm long and 3 cm width. Also, I used 0.75 cm seam allowances in all edges, 1 cm sleeve and hem allowances.

Here is my pattern after traced, I really like the look of it :)

The sewing process started from sew the sleeves pieces together using my serger and continue the usual process. The only difficult thing to figure out was the tuck, I laid the front piece and pin the tuck and sew. I did at least three times to get the same measurements in both shoulders.

After I did the last process, I tried the top and found out that the tuck didn't stay in place, it keeps moving and made the shoulder falling to the arm. The problem solved after I hand sew the tuck together 1 cm in the top of my bust :)
I am sure there is other solution than hand sew, the tuck suppose to be flowing down as it is. I am curious, any idea everyone?

Well, nothing more I can say about this top, let's take a look at the final top on my dress form, front and back.

And more pictures of me wearing it with my beloved jeans :) Front, back and side views.



Thank you for stopping by, wishing you a lovely day and happy sewing. After this, I will be tracing the pants pattern, making the muslin, fitting, etc.


Love,

Hana

Comments

  1. Lovely top Hana. That tuck looks quite complicated from the shape of the pattern pieces and you have made it work beautifully. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute Hana.. I love the pleats[tucks ] in the front.. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Hana!
    That's a very nice shirt. I have decided to sew more basics this year, too.
    Have a nice weekend!
    LG Carolin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Carolyn. Me too, will be sewing more basics and something that suits my life :) Look forward to see your makes.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely top! I really like how it drapes caused by the tuck and the color is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely top and perfect fabric for the drape. This is smart but casual at the same time so hope you get lots of wear out of it. Happy New Year to you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn. For sure I will wear it a lot and I am going to make another top next time but without tuck :)

      Delete
  6. Lovely top and the colour suits you so well. I like that tuck at the shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love your pretty new top, especially the asymmetrical design and drape. You look pretty in this color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this pattern. It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment